Anita Hosseini initially got started in the modelling industry via John Casablancas’ agency where she learned about modeling and the industry. While she was taking classes there, she got discovered by T.H.E artist agency in Washington D.C and that was the beginning of my modeling career.
Modeling made her confident over time. Before she started modeling she wouldn’t take a portrait or even regular close-up photos of herself because she didn’t have the confidence to look at the camera. But as she began to do a lot of photoshoots, she realized that the camera is her best friend and she’s so comfortable and confident in front of it now. Modeling made a confident person out of her that she could ever imagine.
Model & Mode Magazine recently caught up with Anita to discuss her journey in the modelling world and here’s what went down:
What has been the most memorable experience of being in the modelling industry so far?
The most memorable experience in modeling industry is my first magazine cover shoot. When I arrived at that shoot, I just knew that the shoot is for a bridal magazine. I was so excited about it but as we moved forward with the shoot the director told me that one of the shots is going to be on the cover and that blew my mind and made me so happy. I will never forget that day and never forget my first magazine cover job.
Downside to being a model?
When you love what you do there is never going to be a downside to it and you will never get to the point that you will get tired of it even when it can be exhausting and tiring, the job you do is enjoyable.
Who have been the most interesting people you’ve met so far?
I can’t think of one person or one group of people because I was always surrounded by amazing people during my photoshoots and I’m always amazed at how lucky I am to have this opportunity.
What has been the most valuable lesson you’ve learned while in the modelling industry. This can be about the industry or about yourself.
One time, someone told me when you think you can’t do something, act like you can do it the best you can and no one is better than you – that way you’re going to give that feeling to yourself, and the people watching you will think that you’re the best.
Is your family supportive of you being a model?
My family has always been a big part of my success and where I am today wouldn’t be possible without their support and I never take that for granted.
If you could go back in a time machine to the time when you were just getting started, what would you do differently?
I wouldn’t do anything differently, the universe always puts you in the best place you need to be at that moment.
What is the best advice you have ever been given?
9. Never listen to advice.
What are your future plans? Inside your career or out of it.
10. My future plans are countless however living a happy and healthy life and being surrounded by the people I love is my forever plan but in the next few years, I’m planning to create my own clothing brand, that’s what I’m going to fashion school for.
1. Last good movie I’ve seen: A star is born.
2. What do you consider beautiful and why? Beauty isn’t about having a pretty face it’s about having a pretty heart.
3. What haven’t you done yet that you wish you could? Competing in Miss Universe is something that’s always been my biggest dream.
4. Complete this sentence: “If I had no fear, I’d ” Travel the world without a time limit and get to know all the cultures and people around the world.
5. What is the one “flaw” you wouldn’t change about yourself? Being present in my life and living in the moment instead of rushing to get to the end.